Euromax Output -36700 btu ????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Please help me understand something. The Euromax claims to have a 70,500 btu input. When you look at their webpage, under specs, its states the "overall heat output range is from 8300 btu to 36700 btu". I called the the manufacturer and he stated.....yup....they put out 36700 btu. That means in the end, the Euromax is only 52% efficient in the real world. A lot of stoves take a lot less than 70500 btu input to get 36700 btu output. Can someone help me out (the company couldn't). Can I only expect 36700 btu out of this stove. Based on those figures....this stove is a waste of money (and pellets).. Please help clear this up