Ever see this?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Homefire

Jan 16, 2006
I saw this for sale add,
Anyone know anything about it. I think they want $350 for it.

Attachments

• ATEPG06A00001.jpg
    ATEPG06A00001.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 889
The ad says $395, my bad.

what does "my bad" mean? I've seen it used in other posts on other boards and I guess I'm just an old-no-longer-hip guy......

Rats, the other renewable energy. Power your whole house, I say your whole house, with just 3 rats a day! Feed them corn, which is a renewable fuel, and you're helping the environment. Just kill a few pigs in your attic, and leave them there. The rats will come swarming. Use some Havaheart traps, then place them directly from the trap into the patented Generative Rodent Electricity Alternating Treatment (GREAT!), and watch them twirl! The patented Polarity Alteration Induction Negativizer (PAIN) makes those rats go with just a few jolts of the same electricity they're generating! Those cute little things! Oh, watch your fingers! They'll snap them right off if you get too close, chuckle chuckle.

"My bad" means "mea culpa."

That's obviously a gopher-powered electric generator with a wood/coal backup. It can be modified to accommodate small domestic animals like small dogs and large, enthusiastic house cats. If you buy the cat-conversion kit, it comes with a little clip for suspending a mouse in front of the cat's face, but just out of his/her reach.

This is the ad

beauty and heat,
enjoy the warmth of glass-heat conduction
and the visual effect of a fireplace, $395

he guys,

apart from all the jokes. What is this thing? I mean, really, what is this??

Carpniels

It looks to me like a woodstove with a glass wood storage bin attched to the side, presumably to warm/dry the wood in advance. But the description seems to imply that there's some combustion going on inside the glass, so I really don't know. Bet Craig does. Maybe he even sold them at one time (but probably wouldn't admit it).

Eric Johnson said:
It looks to me like a woodstove with a glass wood storage bin attched to the side, presumably to warm/dry the wood in advance. But the description seems to imply that there's some combustion going on inside the glass, so I really don't know. Bet Craig does. Maybe he even sold them at one time (but probably wouldn't admit it).

Don't have a clue what it is but bet it would be more efficience with an Extend-A-Flue.

I wouldn't want to store dry wood that close to the firebox, but maybe it is some kind of a baking oven.

Its a wood stove , a glass wood stove that is. The guy was selling them on Ebay a wile back . He is from arounf here local from Omaha Nebraska. ( so he said ) He wanted around $500. a few months back.

Status
Not open for further replies.