Everhot Heat Exchangers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WireNut

May 30, 2013
Kingston, NY
Does anyone have any experience with Everhot flat plat heat exchangers? I'm trying to find specs on the heat exchanger shown here: http://www.pexuniverse.com/store/product/30-plate-heat-exchanger-1-mnpt-ports-4-14-x-12

I tried calling the company, but they don't seem to be available. I'll be using this with an open heat storage tank, and I figured a Taco 007 circulator would be fine, but now I'm wondering if I should up-size that to a 010 for higher flow. Problem with those are the drop off with too much head, and I don't know what the heat exchanger will put out for resistance.

Thanks. Looking at that calculator I come up with the following:

FG5X12-24 (1" MPT)5x12

It would have a 2 PSI drop at 10 GPM, which is equal to 4.6 ft of head, so I could use the Taco 007 pumps on that and get my desired result. How can I cross reference that with the Everhot heat exchangers? The one I was looking at is 4 1/4x12 with 30 plates, so it's slightly larger. I just don't want to spend $550 on the heat exchanger it recommended...but I will if I have to.

A larger hx will have a lower head loss than a smaller one with everything else being the same.

I bought a less expensive 5x12 and figured it would be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.