excel insulated chimney, flow arrows incorrect?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

m camp

Jun 6, 2019
canada
Hi, I'm installing excel insulated chimney piping.

I have the pipe assembled so that if you were to pour water down the inside or outside of the pipe, the pipe overlaps so it would run down as if a shingled roof, if that makes sense. (ie the male ends face down towards the stove) In this orientation the rain cap fits and the transition to the double wall stovepipe also fits.

The thing is the flow direction arrows face the other way. Which is disturbing.

Any thoughts? thanks

Pics? It sounds like you are right but I have to see it

Pics? It sounds like you are right but I have to see it
I'll have to get back out there and get some pics. I think I'm right too, it's just annoying and expensive that the stickers were on backwards..had my builder and I sitting around overthinking things for way too long yesterday.

I'll have to get back out there and get some pics. I think I'm right too, it's just annoying and expensive that the stickers were on backwards..had my builder and I sitting around overthinking things for way too long yesterday.
I have seen ventis stickers upside down also it is annoying