Exhaust blower questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see may a NEG pressure in the center front of the fan blade, but on the back maybe not? Need some experts to chime in...

Seems like it should draw around the shaft. But, it's push from there out, so pipe joints have to be tight. Most are like that. I removed my blower (for noise reasons) from the stove and put a custom unit on the top of my stack. Draw's all the way back to the OAK input now.

Well I was looking at it and the heat exchanger air box is divided the input side and the output side, the shaft is exiting on the postive pressure side. Come to think of it If it was made to the motor sit on the suction side then it would draw in. Certain stoves maybe that way..I;'m not sure. You have a good idea.. that thing must really suck...........pics?

Haha - suck it does. It can even do a decent impression of the leaf blower trick if I crank it,. lol. There's a good solid state control on it and between that and the draft butterfly, I have pretty good control of airflow through the stove...

Status
Not open for further replies.