Exhaust Quick Connect?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John C.

Mar 31, 2012
Wethersfield Ct.
I'm looking over the install manual for a Avalon Astoria before I get it,they say "The exhaust quick-connect can be removed to allow for installation and cleaning". What does it look like so i can pick one up somewhere.

I had an Astoria....I think they simply mean the twist lock that most pellet pipe has when you assemble or disassemble during installation or cleaning.

Did you buy your exhaust piping yet? If so, what brand? Did you get an appliance adapter?

I had an Astoria....I think they simply mean the twist lock that most pellet pipe has when you assemble or disassemble during installation or cleaning.

Did you buy your exhaust piping yet? If so, what brand? Did you get an appliance adapter?
I already have the 4" stainless pipe up the chimeney,a tee adapter clean out hooked up to my Whitfield insert.The avalon has it's own built in clean out i guess,so i was goin to hook up the pipe straight down to the stove.If i remember from the spring when i put it in the adapter had a hose clamp on the top for the 4" pipe. You said you had one why did you get rid of it. Trouble?

Is this an insert?

I sold the Astoria I had to buy a multi-fuel stove, as Smokey mentioned. Other than that, I LOVED the Astoria...so easy to work on and I NEVER had one single problem with it.

Y
Is this an insert?

I sold the Astoria I had to buy a multi-fuel stove, as Smokey mentioned. Other than that, I LOVED the Astoria...so easy to work on and I NEVER had one single problem with it.
Yes it's a insert. I just got off the phone with the sales kid. He says just screw and seal the pipe to the stoves outlet and that's part of a removeae piece. Cool.

They still need cleaning and other routine work done even your Invincible isn't above those needs.

They still need cleaning and other routine work done even your Invincible isn't above those needs.
No i understand Smokey about the cleaning.When i get it i guess ill burn for maybe a week,do a full cleaning and then guage from their how often after that.

If you go back into the archives you'll discover that in a fit of laziness and as the result of a bet with one Eric of Kinsman Stoves and the pushing of several pigs on here imacman took part in a who's stove can burn the longest without having to open the door contest. imacmac trounced Eric by putting 59 bags of pellets through his 10-CPM. He even had Mike Holton from England worried. It was still burning fine when imacman couldn't take the mess any longer and stopped the burn.

If you go back into the archives you'll discover that in a fit of laziness and as the result of a bet with one Eric of Kinsman Stoves and the pushing of several pigs on here imacman took part in a who's stove can burn the longest without having to open the door contest. imacmac trounced Eric by putting 59 bags of pellets through his 10-CPM he even had Mike Holton from England worried. It was still burning fine when imacman couldn't take the mess any longer and stopped the burn.
HAHA!

My response was exactly that. I never had to do any repairs or troubleshooting on the stove.

Of course, regular maintenance/cleaning is something that is always needed, with the exception of the occasional a**-whipping of stove shop owners who will remain anonymous (but who STILL owe me quite a bit of adult beverages from that "contest", and other things). ;);lol

so it was not actually work it was routine maintenance i understand now. I do remember the a$$ whippin part I know I would never run 59 bags through my stove

Status
Not open for further replies.