Existing chimney dimension issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mattygj

May 3, 2023
NSW Australia
Hi All

I am looking at installing a Jotul F100 eco Long Leg and have an issue with the existing masonry chimney.

The internal dimensions of the chimney are 125mm x 245mm and approx 4m high.

The advice I have been given is that I shouldnt use the chimney and just run a 150mm pipe out the top and through the ceiling

I would prefer to use the chimney if possible because the room is quite small. Is it possible to run 2 x120mm diameter flues next to each other up the chimney?

Any other ideas?

I appreciate the advice

Cheers
Matt

Hi All

I am looking at installing a Jotul F100 eco Long Leg and have an issue with the existing masonry chimney.

The internal dimensions of the chimney are 125mm x 245mm and approx 4m high.

The advice I have been given is that I shouldnt use the chimney and just run a 150mm pipe out the top and through the ceiling

I would prefer to use the chimney if possible because the room is quite small. Is it possible to run 2 x120mm diameter flues next to each other up the chimney?

Any other ideas?

I appreciate the advice

Cheers
Matt
Look into oval stainless flexible chimney liners. Consider adding insulation.

How would you connect two flues to one stove? Such parts won't be for sale...