Expansion tank question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BillsWS

Feeling the Heat
Dec 20, 2011
U.P. Michigan
Hello, I know this is off topic, but I just thought of something I have read about here, expansion tanks and wood boilers. I pulled out a Navian propane on demand tankless water heater yesterday and installed a 50 gallon Richardson electric water heater in its place. Just finished wiring it and turning it on. From reading on this forum I wondered if the small expansion tank on the left in the picture is going to be adequate for this 50 gallon water heater? I know absolutely nothing about this topic other than what I have read here so any help would be appreciated.

DSCN0800.JPG DSCN0851.JPG

Unless I'm missing something here that tank in the picture has nothing to do with your DHW.

The expansion tank for your potable water should handle the new hot water heater.

K

Unless I'm missing something here that tank in the picture has nothing to do with your DHW.

The expansion tank for your potable water should handle the new hot water heater.

K

Ok, time to change my screen name and ID. Wow, I get it. There is a tank, an expansion tank I am sure, right where the water comes in from the well. THAT tank handles the expansion of the potable water. Duh. Ok, I withdraw my question. LOL. Thanks Kopeck.

Status
Not open for further replies.