F 5200 burners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Jan 25, 2020
Southwestpa
How do you guys burning the Regency 5200 like your stoves if and when I need to replace my 3100 that’s what I’d like to get ,I really don’t think a straight catalyst stove wood give me any advantage heating from my basement with my BTU requirement when it’s cold out ,Thank you plus I’ll be retired by then I can get on the 3 year plan versus my current 1-1/2 -2 year plan

How do you guys burning the Regency 5200 like your stoves if and when I need to replace my 3100 that’s what I’d like to get ,I really don’t think a straight catalyst stove wood give me any advantage heating from my basement with my BTU requirement when it’s cold out ,Thank you plus I’ll be retired by then I can get on the 3 year plan versus my current 1-1/2 -2 year plan
What chimney do you have? The 5200 needs 8" and the 3100 ran on 6"

I already have an 8 inch pipe sitting in the shed got it when I was using the old Squire wood stove which it needed so covered in that department

I believe it’s either duravent or Selkirk can’t remember

I could really get into a few more hrs of heat plus the horsepower when needed

B Holler do you by chance know Jack Harbey or Gary Ferguson they owned Free energy in Mars Pa and were our Regency Dealer and friends of the family they asssisted me with my work both are retired and the shop is now closed up good people will be missed

B Holler do you by chance know Jack Harbey or Gary Ferguson they owned Free energy in Mars Pa and were our Regency Dealer and friends of the family they asssisted me with my work both are retired and the shop is now closed up good people will be missed
I don't my father may though I will ask

B Holler with my 3100 I get 8-12 hr loads depending on outside temperature do you believe I’d get 12-16 hr burns with around the same BTUs output and possibly longer if it’s warmer outside figuring the box is 50% larger I should technically get close to 50% longer burns correct Thank you for your professional opinion

B Holler with my 3100 I get 8-12 hr loads depending on outside temperature do you believe I’d get 12-16 hr burns with around the same BTUs output and possibly longer if it’s warmer outside figuring the box is 50% larger I should technically get close to 50% longer burns correct Thank you for your professional opinion
Absolutely. I haven't run them in the same house so I can't compare head to head but from.what I can tell the 5200 will give you the same power for much longer than the 3100.