fair price?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishinAK

Apr 19, 2006
What do you guys think? $949 for the Jotul F 100 Nordic QT. With just the black paint. Does this sound like a fair price?
Anyone have any experience with this stove?
Thank you all for all the help you have been providing!!

I burned one in my office all last winter and loved it. It is a really small stove and firebox so you have to feed it every couple of hours or so but that wasn't a problem in the office since I was there most of the time. It just meant I pretty much had a dead stove and cold office to come into every morning. I also had to cut lots of splits in half since my woodpile was cut for the big Sierra firebox. Figure on using sixteen inch wood. It will hold a little longer pieces but sixteen inch gives you better combustion air circulation. With the relatively large glass, given the stove's size, it puts a lot of radient heat out the front. You sure aren't going to be heating a whole house with one by a long shot but for six or eight hundred square feet it will keep ya warm.

As to the price, that isn't a steal but it is a couple of hundred or so off of retail.

retail is exactly $949, so if there not charging freight it seems like a ok deal. We have the best price around here at $899, but its not worth all the hassle of shoping around if your local dealer is $949. Not for $50 bucks in my opinion. Not a lot of margin in those little stoves so you should see pretty consistant pricing in your area.

MountainStoveGuy said:
retail is exactly $949, so if there not charging freight it seems like a ok deal. We have the best price around here at $899, but its not worth all the hassle of shoping around if your local dealer is $949. Not for $50 bucks in my opinion. Not a lot of margin in those little stoves so you should see pretty consistant pricing in your area.

Hmmm... Interesting. If that lying dealer hadn't gone out of business I would go back and chew his ass out!

Sumbitch told me that retail was $1,200.

Jotul is careful not to advertise suggested retail prices, to allow dealers to "work" their local market as they see fit, and to recoup extraordinary shipping costs. MSG is obviously quite fair. Last fall, the F100 was $999 here in Santa Fe, and $1149 in Albuquerque.

I'd take an F602 over the F100 any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.