Fall Colors

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
View attachment 264764

This is a birds eye view of the field next to my house. Lots of trees getting pretty now, but many of the maples are shedding leaves and after the rain from the hurricane leftovers in our area this past weekend, some trees are pretty much bare.

Beautiful. I wish that were a jigsaw puzzle that I could give to my mother!

56352605-DD28-4D26-A218-BFB740B59141.jpeg

It's not an impressive fall color shot, but it's got a good story. We have an old peach tree in the back yard that we've been pruning and trying to rejuvenate for a couple of years. This is a shot of some of the younger growth, and you can see our other token fall color (a crape myrtle) in the background. The other week my four year old was standing in the yard just looking and looking at the peach, and he finally said to me with concern in his voice, "Mommy, the peach is too brown." It dawned on me that having moved to South Texas when he was only one, he's not used to the deciduous trees and the annual color change that was such a huge part of my growing up years, and he was worried about this tree. I reassured him that it was natural, and that cheered him right up. He's since been enjoying raking some leaves (more crape myrtle, hackberry, and some red oaks that do drop their leaves) and hiding in the piles.