Fall Foliage Pictures

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great pics zap and hoss....

hoss,
I am so sorry about your job, that freakin sucks....
I think we all could have used a good "FFF" today to lift our spirits.... :smirk:

hossthehermit said:
raybonz said:
hossthehermit said:
woodchip said:
Hoss, those pics are better than any I've seen in brochures before...........

Are you sure you don't work for the tourist agency, I'm almost thinking about a trip over there after seeing them ;-)

Well, when I got home from the trip, I had a message that my job has been eliminated as of 10/23/2011, I may go over to the tourism agency and see if I can get a job, maybe I'll use this as a reference.

That sucks Hoss what is your line of work?

Ray

39 1/2 years in a paper mill. Guess I won't make 40.

Man that stinks.. I worked at a printing plant for 17 years and that's a dead industry.. Too many printers for too little work for too little pay.. I moved on and it worked out for the best.. I noticed some publishers were getting paper from Poland so I can see how this happened and this was years ago! Good luck to you!

Ray

Webmaster said:
not full color yet - but some....

Nice pics Craig! Looks like you've been getting lots of rain there too.. Western Mass. is awesome for Fall colors.. I remember my aunt and uncle taking me through the Mohawk Trail during the fall when I was a kid in their big Buick Riviera..

Ray

Falls.jpg

Fallwaterscene.jpg

LakeSuperior.jpg

One of my all time favorites.
Octoberwoods-2.jpg

10-10-09f.jpg

10-10-09h.jpg

Very nice pics Dennis (I think I have seen some of those before)!! What have you been up to since your return home from Woodstock?

Ray

Thanks Ray. Still playing catch-up. Going to spend some time with a friend this afternoon. He is battling cancer and needs some support. If I'm in luck I'll even get in some hunting this weekend or next week. Awful windy out there so may wait because hunting in the wind like this is not so good when using arrows rather than bullets. Have to be close for the shots and the wind swirling plays tricks on you. Guess I'll wait a day or two.

Backwoods Savage said:
Thanks Ray. Still playing catch-up. Going to spend some time with a friend this afternoon. He is battling cancer and needs some support. If I'm in luck I'll even get in some hunting this weekend or next week. Awful windy out there so may wait because hunting in the wind like this is not so good when using arrows rather than bullets. Have to be close for the shots and the wind swirling plays tricks on you. Guess I'll wait a day or two.

Sorry to hear about your friend Dennis, my father-in-law has cancer too and is undergoing both chemo and radiation down in Florida.. My wife is down there visiting them for a week.. I hope your friend has a full recovery from that awful disease!
As for the wind we are windy here as well and it started to be windy after 2 days of rain then T-storms last night to bring in the wind along with drier air and lower temps..

Ray

You are right about that awful disease. Friend is okay so far. Radiation didn't bother too much but now we'll see what happens with the chemo. He's a tough one though. Age 73 and just got laid off this week from working in the woods and at the mill.

Hope your father-in-law turns out okay. Wind is supposed to continue for several days.

Backwoods Savage said:
You are right about that awful disease. Friend is okay so far. Radiation didn't bother too much but now we'll see what happens with the chemo. He's a tough one though. Age 73 and just got laid off this week from working in the woods and at the mill.

Hope your father-in-law turns out okay. Wind is supposed to continue for several days.

Thanx Dennis! My father-in-law just turned 75 and he is tired from the treatments but that would be expected.. Your friend sounds like a tough guy and hopefully that works out in his favor! He is fortunate to have a friend like you! Hard to imagine working in the woods and a mill at 73! Probably why he is doing well..
Thanx to you and Judy for going to dinner with me.. I had a good time and enjoyed the laughs! We had a fun waitress too so all in all a good time! It was worth the trip to Woodstock just to meet you and Judy!I hope we can do this again but maybe you need a more comfy ride with an automatic tranny (cruise control helps a great deal) so you can survive the ride better.. Someday I plan on owning a Woodstock Progress Hybrid and if it were entirely up to me I'd put a deposit on the new stove and sell this one lol.. I look forward to hearing about the burning experiences when people start using the Progress Hybrid! What is the delivery date for your stove and what will you do with your FV?

Ray

Thanks Ray and you are welcome. That was a good time in West Lebanon and having a good waitress helped a lot. Food was good too as well as the drinks. We are still thinking about a new car but no definite decision and this time we will get an automatic transmission.

We are still uncertain about the Fireview or the Progress. I told Woodstock to keep us on the bottom of the list for delivery and hopefully we'll get some cold air by then and know more about our heating needs this winter. The Progress still might be too much stove, we just don't know at this point. But, judging from the way this thing is heating the house now, the Progress may be too much stove.

Backwoods Savage said:
Thanks Ray and you are welcome. That was a good time in West Lebanon and having a good waitress helped a lot. Food was good too as well as the drinks. We are still thinking about a new car but no definite decision and this time we will get an automatic transmission.

We are still uncertain about the Fireview or the Progress. I told Woodstock to keep us on the bottom of the list for delivery and hopefully we'll get some cold air by then and know more about our heating needs this winter. The Progress still might be too much stove, we just don't know at this point. But, judging from the way this thing is heating the house now, the Progress may be too much stove.

I hear you Dennis at least you have the advantage of seeing if your FV can keep up with the heat demands.. I know you love your FV so if it works out you can always cancel the order.. Be sure to keep us posted!

Ray

Some pics from my hiking trip in the adirondacks

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 229
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 229
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 232
Nice pics. Haven't been through that area for 30 years or so.

ecocavalier02 said:

Nice pictures eco, if you hit the dacks again next year maybe we can hook up in Placid.

zap

Very nice pics eco!

Ray

Hasn't been any leaves in the trees for darn near a month. Any day now there will be snow on the ground.

was snowing 2 days ago but it didnt stick, supposed to be snow rain mix thursday also, then clear up for a while.

zapny said:
ecocavalier02 said:

Nice pictures eco, if you hit the dacks again next year maybe we can hook up in Placid.

zap
that would be fun. I actually plan on taking the family up there in the winter. It's a cool town. Had a great breakfast at a place called cowboys.

Eco, pm me about a week before you are heading to Lake Placid and if we can make it we will set something up.

http://www.placidcowboy.com/

zap

Yip that's the place. Good food

A couple from last week in NH. We just cleared this bridle path out after about 35 yrs of it being untouched. I want to level it off a bit more but i think it looks really nice the way it is now.

This one is a from a nearby river, not on my property (unfortunately)

Beautiful place you have there Piston!

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.