Fan motor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

RedDirt85

Mar 29, 2020
Michigan
I’m new to wood boilers and I’m wondering if my fan is bad. Starting yesterday when the water temp drops to its normal turn on temperature the fan cover opens and there’s a hum of power but the fan doesn’t spin. I saw something about a snap disc on another site but I can’t find it. Thanks for any help.

What brand of boiler?
WoodMaster, there’s no model number on it.
AA718AF0-29BB-48C1-905A-85146E0B3DAC.jpeg

If you controller is lit up it’s not the limit switch on those. Did you try tapping the motor? The humming you hear could be the solenoid opening too and not the motor running.

unplug it and check for power at the fan motor. If there is power you have a bad motor. If not back trace to the problem.

If you controller is lit up it’s not the limit switch on those. Did you try tapping the motor? The humming you hear could be the solenoid opening too and not the motor running.

unplug it and check for power at the fan motor. If there is power you have a bad motor. If not back trace to the problem.

It’s an older one. It doesn’t have an ETC if that’s what your talking about. Thank you for your input.

Some of those old fans had oil ports that needed yearly oiling or they'd lock up.