Fan on wood stove not working properly.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

khuberpt

Oct 27, 2015
Wolcott, CT
I have a Northstar Heat-n-glo insert and am having issues with the snap disc/thermostat feature. If i override the snap disc and manually control the fan by the rheostat it works fine. However it I try to have the snap disc active, so that when the temp gets to a certain point it comes on automatically and when it drops to a certain point it will turn off. That did work well last year and worked occasionally this year. Any ideas? The snap disc does work, i have taken it out and held a match to it and can hear it click. Thanks.

First make sure that the snap disc is still pressing tightly against the stove body. If that's not it, maybe that the snap disc is failing, gradually. It wouldn't hurt to try a new one of the same spec. They're not expensive.

First make sure that the snap disc is still pressing tightly against the stove body. If that's not it, maybe that the snap disc is failing, gradually. It wouldn't hurt to try a new one of the same spec. They're not expensive.
Yup, that's the issue I had with mine....just not making good enough contact with the stove body

Status
Not open for further replies.