fan speed control(rheostat?)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

stinger68

Hearth Supporter
Nov 30, 2008
cape breton N.S Canada
Hi guys i just went to turn down the blower fan on my enviro ef3 freestanding stove and when i tried to turn it down it staye the same.It must be on full tilt stuck and only changes when i turn the switch all the way off and its off but wheni turn back on it even on very beginning it is full tilt.So this means the switch controlling the fan is gone? is there a way of confirming that before i replace any parts?thanks again for replies.

If your fan is turned off, does it kick on automatically if the stove gets too hot?

stinger68 said:
Hi guys i just went to turn down the blower fan on my enviro ef3 freestanding stove and when i tried to turn it down it staye the same.It must be on full tilt stuck and only changes when i turn the switch all the way off and its off but wheni turn back on it even on very beginning it is full tilt.So this means the switch controlling the fan is gone? is there a way of confirming that before i replace any parts?thanks again for replies.
most Enviro stoves have a 160 deg limi switch that will kick in if the stove gets hot.
this is an override for when people shut off the blower.
so if this is when the stove is cold most likely the switch is bad.

it is the limit switch that has two purple wires going to it.

Is there anyway to jimmy up the switch control on the fan that controls the warm air flow? Can it be taken apart and adjusted until the new 1 that i had to get ordered comes in?Or just leave it alone altogether its on high and leave it be as is? Thanks again for any info

Status
Not open for further replies.