FAT LADY SINGS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Henz

Mar 23, 2006
Northville, NY
I must say that I am 100% don with burning this year. I would also say that it is basically the same time that I stopped last year. Yeah, it gets alittle cool in the mornings, and yes my furnace does cycle once, but I can live with that. Anyone else?

Hopefully we are done after last night. The sun is out for the first time in I don't remember how long so we have some solar gain and the rain has stopped. Well, until Thursday according to the forecast.

Well, the fat lady hasn't sung here yet....nor do we expect to hear her sing for a while.

Sang when I ran outa good wood 3 weeks ago!!! LOELOLEOELE (singing spelling?)

I cleaned the chimney & stove two weeks ago, two weeks to early.
The wife's not happy about it & I won't let her near the thermostat. LOL

We are probably done buning in the house but not outside in the firepit. Already had a few brats and beers out there enjoying the open fire. :)

Disregard last transmission. Received a "It's chilly in here." message and the 30 is now heating up. This could go on into next week at night.

I'm not going to clean the chimney until a nice windless day in June. I'm ready to burn if I need to, but I
hope I don't need to.

Fires in both stoves this morning for a few hours. Later this week, they're predicting that our daytime high temp could break 90*. Go figure. Winter forever, then it's summer. I guess maybe we're skipping spring this year. I don't care, I'd just like to shut 'em down and get to cleaning/maintenance. Rick

Carl said:
...Already had a few brats and beers out there enjoying the open fire. :)

Carl, you're a more cruel guy than I'd previously given you credit for. :lol: Rick

Tonight they are saying maybe mid to upper 30's. Just told the wife that we will be burning again in less than 6 months. More heat than not from the stove. Its nice to know that you can still heat in May and be ready in October for some more. If the summers can also dip a tad, I'll be even happier. Next thoughts are on the buy in for the water heater (oil) vs. the electric. Is there any sites to compare these two?
Chad

I figure I'm done burning for heat. The garden finished going in earlier this evening.

I did gather a good amount of paper that needs to be burnt or shredded. It'll be burnt because I hate shredding and I like fertilizer for the yard.

Matt

I keep thinking I am done burning, then the temps drop below freezing and I have to fire it up again. Got into the twenties last night again. Heavy frost on ground in the morning, frost on windshields, birds looking at each other saying wtf?

I'm done. 70's by day, 50's by night. I can live with that. In fact, I might have to open windows at night so I can listen to the whip-poor-wills! We have plenty of blankets...

Yup, pretty sure we're done as well unless we get a real cool rainy day/evening sometime soon. Haven't need to light a fire since sometime around the end of April.

However the fire pit in the back yard will get a good workout over the next several months!

UGGGG how painful, just got in from golf it's about 75* out and my wife has a fire going from this morning.

savageactor7 said:
UGGGG how painful, just got in from golf it's about 75* out and my wife has a fire going from this morning.

Gotta love it...now you know what hell feels like.

well thats the thing, you get a cool rainy day and then an even cooler night, I will light her up again

Status
Not open for further replies.