Fatwood score!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pallet Pete

While we where cutting out some dead wood I found two huge pine trees today that had been laying for a while on the ground. I cut them up and split them into small pieces then we used some to start a fire and it raged into life. Is this normal? I though it had to be left split to dry at least thats how I have done it. Anyway we got about two five gallon pals of fat wood out of the trees and man it burns hot!! I wish I took pictures sorry I forgot to.

Pete

My SIL bought us a nice size box of fatwood for Christmas, works great. I'm thinking for next year we will use pine for kindling instead of Basswood.

You have sinned Pete1983, gotta have pictures.

Zap :cheese:

zapny said:
My SIL bought us a nice size box of fatwood for Christmas, works great. I'm thinking for next year we will use pine for kindling instead of Basswood.

You have sinned Pete1983, gotta have pictures.

Zap :cheese:
yeah pete, wheres the pics???... ;-P

X2, just because its not pallets Pete doesn't mean pics are not needed! First warning! Lol...with this weather fatwood is all you need. :)

The pine was down but perhaps it has been down for a long time. If you want some pine for kindling, you might feel like a kid in a toy shop when you come over next week. I have lots! And it is all down. No cutting required.

O heck ya I would love that thanks again Dennis I will bring a load of pallets for you as well.

Pete

You are welcome to it Pete. One neighbor has been over gathering some of the pine but there is plenty and will be for a long, long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.