Faure pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello
Does anyone know or have seen any info on a Faure pellet stove?
Where to get parts?

Click on pic to enlarge

Attachments

• FaurePelletStove.jpg
    FaurePelletStove.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 210
I think it's a coal stove. A number of years ago I had a gentleman ask me to look at a no name stove....it literally had no name on it anywhere. He got it while stationed in Japan during WWII. It was a coal stove, automated with a crank, he burned pellets in it, my best guess was that it was a gravity fed coal stove. He had a control board from an Waterford Erin that he wanted me to wire up to it....that was a service call I wasn't expecting. no need to say I had to pass on that one....but it looked a lot like this one with a different type of door on it.

Hello

That makes sense, it is very heavily built from other pics I saw, the owner said he used it last season and it worked well. Small bits of coal do burn like pellets in stoves. The ad does Not say Wood Pellets it just says "Pellets".

http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/for/3824851392.html

historically, coal burning stoves had shakeable grates, whereas wood burners had fixed grates. That being said, wasn't uncommon to see coal burned in wood units and vice versa! Still isn't uncommon.

Status
Not open for further replies.