Federal Airtite stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopeless

Oct 6, 2016
Mo
I have never heard of this stove and the house we bought has one. No model number, no instruction manual, and I think maybe a couple of missing pieces. It has doors in the front and a door on the end, an ash tray, a damper under the fire in the front and one above the fire on the end. It seems to have a Thermostat on the front, but it appears to be missing some pieces. There also appears to be some sort of damper by the end door (upper left corner) . We cannot get a fire built w/of filling the house with smoke. HELP!!!

Welcome. Can you post a picture so that we can ID? Guessing this may be a predecessor to the Dutchwest line, but need to see it.

The stove has a bypass damper, if it's closed then it will not draft! This stove has a fall away handle that operates the bypass and the doors. The damper rod is on the left side as you face the stove, it will just have a square rod sticking out about 3/4". If You are missing draft control parts then you shouldn't burn it until it's in working order.

Welcome. Can you post a picture so that we can ID? Guessing this may be a predecessor to the Dutchwest line, but need to see it.

Attachments

• 20161006_174229.jpg
    20161006_174229.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 234
  • 20161006_174223.jpg
    20161006_174223.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 223
There should be a metal plate on the bottom on the back with info.

Also, it is a catalytic stove. If the cat is clogged when you close that damper the clogged cat combuster will keep the exhaust from going up the chimney.

All the parts look to be there on the outside. Could you pull the top off and show us a pic of what is under it. There should be a fiber box under that should be a cat. You will also see the bypass damper

I found the plate you were talking about. It's a FA264 Model 2183. Where can I get a manual for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.