Feeder makes a sqeaky sound...its coming from the rear can I WD-40 it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

usmc_pyro

Sep 30, 2009
Carmel, NY
As the feeder rotated I noticed its been making a sqeaky sound...I cleaned that crap out of it, and still. I listened in on it from the back and its clearly coming from the back. Can I spray WD-40 on these moving pieces?

Why did I spend soo much $$$ buying top of the line and am getting nothing but problems!!!!!!! lol

What make/model stove?

jtp10181 said:
What make/model stove?

From another recent thread he's running a P68.

usmc_pyro said:
As the feeder rotated I noticed its been making a sqeaky sound...I cleaned that crap out of it, and still. I listened in on it from the back and its clearly coming from the back. Can I spray WD-40 on these moving pieces?

Why did I spend soo much $$$ buying top of the line and am getting nothing but problems!!!!!!! lol

could be the bronze sleeve bearings in the feeder,but thats pretty rare......my guess in this case would be the auger coming into contact with the feed tube and causing a metal-to-metal squeek, due to carbon accumulation on the auger or in the burn tube...can be quite tenacious. I would pull the auger, clean the tube and the edges of the auger flights

Status
Not open for further replies.