Few days spring work.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
Cut and split and stacked 156 feet of wood,ash,cherry,hickory all winter windfalls.
140.jpg

How does that not tilt over! Impressive. But seriously...how do you keep those long single stacks from falling over

Cut and split and stacked 156 feet of wood,ash,cherry,hickory all winter windfalls.View attachment 259095
Use a level on your support base,in this case treated 4x4's and cinder blocks,lean stacks slightly to rear,so far this has worked,stacks are four and a half feet max.

Reactions: Lakeside
Fantastic.

That's a helluva privacy fence. And a few days.....your dedicated man. Do you ever have trouble with the tar paper blowing off?

Your hired !! I need you on my team. :cool:

That's a helluva privacy fence. And a few days.....your dedicated man. Do you ever have trouble with the tar paper blowing off?
No it's stapled down .

Very private here backyard is 22000 pristine uninhabited acres,no need for fences.

Reactions: Grizzerbear
Nice work! :cool: Looks like maybe some Maple on the near end, and I think I might see some White Ash bark...what other woods have you got in that stack?
how do you keep those long single stacks from falling over
I don't know if the t-posts continue on down the stack at the spacing of the first two, but that would stabilize the row well.
I'd imagine that if the ground is compacted pretty well where a guy stacks, stack crashes are pretty rare if you keep 'em about 4' high. My stacks tend to be a bit into the woods so the ground is softer and the blocks can settle a bit. I use pallets on concrete blocks, and started laying the pallets with the 2x4s running perpendicular to the rows (three rows wide.) This stack is at my SIL's. It's along the edge of the drive so the ground is pretty stable. This one has Sassafras logs on either side, with blocks down the center.
20191014_075350.jpg