Fuut Master Posted By Fuut Master, Aug 22, 2017 at 10:41 AM

1. ED 3000

ED 3000
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 23, 2015
    Loc:
    Southeast PA
    I just blow it out with the vacuum hose attached to the vacuum's outlet. Not as concentrated as an air compressor, so it'd be tough to blow a hole in it, and I don't have to get the air compressor out. That, and I don't have an air compressor... .

I also discovered that this "blower" come in real handy when cleaning sawdust off my chop saw and for sweeping the mess off my porches after doing wood work.

VirginiaIron likes this.
  2. VirginiaIron

VirginiaIron
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Dec 19, 2013
    Loc:
    Central Virginia
    I probably got six or more years usage from my filter. The cartridge filters are not as robust as auto engine filters but they really can take a beating. I use an all thread electrical lamp extension 10-12 inches with the end peened over. On the peened end, I drilled a hole out of the pipe at 90*. This extension is the same diameter and thread pitch as my blow gun. I use this device to clean the household vacuum cartridges, the shop vac cartridge, my tractor filters, and some finned devices that require a 90* approach. I also put some tape on the peened end to protect the inside of the element from scratches/damage. I can get many years out of a filter before needing to worry about blowing a hole in the element when back-blown in this manner. My air compressor is a 90 psi max residential unit.

https://www.maxwarehouse.com/products/westinghouse-7027200-12-all-thread-lamp-pipe-kit?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=35018544838&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI49DTxc2i1gIVArXACh0kjQsJEAYYAyABEgLFY_D_BwE

Fuut Master likes this.
  3. VirginiaIron

VirginiaIron
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Dec 19, 2013
    Loc:
    Central Virginia
    Ive used these filters sometimes as a prefilter when they filt. I have also used a course foam pad as a prefilter to increase the useable time I can vacuum. This is especially true with masonry dust.

Fuut Master likes this.