Finally a good stove setup

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

RSNovi

Feeling the Heat
May 12, 2010
Michigan
We built a new house and I finally have an effective wood stove heater. I have always enjoyed burning wood so I made do with what I could do with my last house.

We started with a Oslo in the basement. It was quite a heater but oversized for the space and trying to heat the upstairs wasn’t effective.

Then I installed a Jøtul C350 insert in a zero clearance fireplace in the living room and I had to run it maxed out to get reasonable heat.

You guys have seen me post before as the house was being built, but now I am able to finally burn in my new Oslo. It heats great and is enjoyable to operate. Very easy to get most of the house toasty.

Thanks for your guidance along the way.

Attachments

• C913737D-BC48-4937-B545-FD6AC86AEE57.jpeg
    C913737D-BC48-4937-B545-FD6AC86AEE57.jpeg
    149.8 KB · Views: 162
So did you move the Oslo upstairs?

Congrats on the warm house btw.
Thanks.

We left the original Oslo with the old house, but since l liked it so much I had a new one installed in our new house. It does look a little different than the older Oslo.

Congratulations Chris. It's nice when it all comes together. The blue-black Oslo is beautiful. I bet you are appreciating the warmth as winter arrives.

Reactions: RSNovi