Finally back from the Ohio trip - saws I bought (or lack thereof)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NH_Wood

Minister of Fire
Dec 24, 2009
southern NH
Hey everyone,

Just returned from a two month work trip in Ohio. Brought a lot of cash and was hoping to buy saws along the way. Unfortunately, the Nat Gas company I was working for wouldn't allow any talking to land owners, so had a real tough time trying to score saws. Ended up with a Stihl 015 (running well) and an old Homelite XL12 from an Amish gentleman for $35. Not what I was hoping to come home with, but might be fun to run the 015. My best score though was a co-worker who has a Husky 262xp at home and doesn't need it - gave $40 for the saw and $35 to ship to me - should be on it's way! That's the kind of deal I was looking for! Got a call today from another guy in NH that I bought an MS260 from a few months ago - he has 9 saws (mostly crappy Macs, Craftsman, Poulan, etc. - but I can have them all for about $10/saw - most are runners, so can clean/fix/etc. and turn a little cash on them (to start a MS460/461 fund!). Will be fun projects regardless. So, glad to be back in NH and enjoying a little downtime before I get back to work. Worked 63 days in a row - time for a beer......

Cheers!

Reactions: MasterMech
Status
Not open for further replies.