Finally cleaned my chimney, am I done?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I bought this wood stove (BIS Ultra) 5 years ago, not knowing a thing about wood burning. Found Hearth.com a few years ago and now have finally got up on the roof and cleaned the chimney. It is 6" double lined all the way from the stove. Here are some pics that i took while doing it. Do I need to do more? I am not really happy about the cap, but not sure the best way to clean it.

cap prior to cleaning
chimney prior to cleaning
Chimney after cleaning

Attachments

• 100_0663web.jpg
    100_0663web.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 267
  • 100_0664web.jpg
    100_0664web.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 282
  • 100_0665web.jpg
    100_0665web.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 283
here is the last 4 ft section that I have to take off to clean the rest of the chimney going down. This is after 5 years of burning and at least the first 2.5 years I had no idea about moisture content and burning at proper temps. Did not take a picture of the cap after I cleaned it but I am sure it will be fine (as long as the rest it OK - the cap is now as clean as the rest of the chimney).

Attachments

• 100_0676web.jpg
    100_0676web.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 280
Looks great to me. Burn on!

Alberta Burner said:
Thanks BB, but I am not too sure where the ash ended up, I am thinking I need to try and vacuum on top of the baffle??

For sure.

Alberta Burner, good job. You'll find that looking at the cap from time to time will give you a good idea of when to clean the chimney as the cap usually gets the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.