Finally, conclusive photographic evidence that fearless creatures inhabit the forest!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's more than just CWD, and they don't eat from one pile when they herd up. At feeding station EVERY deer eats from the same pile. Feeding stations draw them away from good wintering yards.

See the link

Yes, you are probably right. But it wasn't until the onset of CWD that the DNR decided to take a stance against feeding deer. I don't feed them, and I don't hunt them anymore either. I just take their picture and hit one once in awhile with my car. :-(

quads said:
Yes, you are probably right. But it wasn't until the onset of CWD that the DNR decided to take a stance against feeding deer. I don't feed them, and I don't hunt them anymore either. I just take their picture and hit one once in awhile with my car. :-(

Hmmmm . . . having "hunted" a few with a Jeep Wrangler I can attest that getting a deer steak with a vehicle can sometimes make for a pretty pricey deer steak . . . even if it is pre-tenderized with the bumper and seasoned with road salt. ;)

firefighterjake said:
quads said:

Hmmmm . . . having "hunted" a few with a Jeep Wrangler I can attest that getting a deer steak with a vehicle can sometimes make for a pretty pricey deer steak . . . even if it is pre-tenderized with the bumper and seasoned with road salt. ;)
You got that right Jake! Have hit a deer with every car I own.....with the old Comanche wood-haulin' pickup, twice!

Status
Not open for further replies.