Finally Did It, ready to burn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

colebrookman

Minister of Fire
Feb 7, 2008
Middlefield, Ma
I finally cleaned my stove and chimney today. Now I'm all set for a quick burn on these cool mornings. I've been putting in off, always something easier to do but the better half has been hinting that maybe we should light the propane heater just to take the edge off. Just thinking of the wasted $$$ was enough to get me going. Are you guys ready?
Ed

Cleaned Chimeny and stove two weeks ago and moved the wood pile to the winter location, close to the house, cant wait to watch football and the fireplace.

We've had some pretty chilly nights and not too far from frost, but we won't burn until late September anyway. It's just not that cold yet to fire up the stove or even think about it. But if the temperature gets down to freezing, we'll fire it up.

I cleaned liner and cap. Had first fire 2 nights ago. Moved first f. C. Into garage and began covering rows. Our living area is below grade and usually start burning in sept. If you got it, use it;)

Status
Not open for further replies.