Finally got block off plate made and installed (with pics)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MeLikeUmFire

Sep 17, 2009
Lapeer, Michigan
Used plate steel and some angle iron to pancake it into the damper hole.

block-off.jpg

looks good. Were you able to insulate above the plate? Even if not it should I'm sure you will see improvements in performance.

Looks great. Almost looks like mine. I used my original damper plate with angle iron. I had some extra insulation wrap from my liner and filled just below the block off plate with that and used wire hangers. I saw a picture on here of someone doing that and it works good. Glad you got yours in. Funny thing the block off plate might be hardest part of the whole job.

Looks good. I also used extra liner insulation to seal the gap where the liner goes through. I used a honkin big hose clamp to hold it snug in place. It made a difference keeping the heat from getting up past the plate. Originally the sweep used fiberglass rope gasket with a lousy knot that kept falling down.

Status
Not open for further replies.