Finally - Home Depot Salem NH - MWPs & Stove Chow !! Pellet Pig Time - Only 6 hrs !!! More back in N

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

Well we did it! Thanks Bwep, Wood Pellet price wars do not start all by themselves!!!

After pointing out to Lowe's Corporate how close HD was and their wood pellet price, Lowes had a change of heart! I think it is because they really want to sell their Green Supreme New England wood pellets in the clear bags.

Enjoy Everyone while they last!!! Now the every day low price tag really is correct!!!

1st pic - Price on 8/3/2011 -- $5.97 per bag !!!

2nd pic - Price on 8/20/2011 -- $3.94 per bag !!!

Attachments

• LowesNWPsGS08032011sc (3).jpg
    LowesNWPsGS08032011sc (3).jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 361
  • LowesNWPsGS08202011sc.jpg
    LowesNWPsGS08202011sc.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 359
Hello

Did anyone pic up some of these pellets for the $3.94 price?
I got a dozen bags to try. :)

j-takeman said:
Price forcast was low to start the season, But major increase's coming our way in New England anyway. An insider has told me they raised prices 3 times so far and the fall price is going to be more than $30/ton more than the spring buy price at the pellet house. Possible to see even more increase buy the time the season kickes off. Bigbox price war might keep things lower than what could have been. IDK for sure, It's a wait and see for now.

I am over stuffed right now and will keep the stash over full with the current prices. I'll get stingy if the prices climb like they did in 2008.

How high did the prices go in 2008?

JBiBBs5 said:
j-takeman said:
Price forcast was low to start the season, But major increase's coming our way in New England anyway. An insider has told me they raised prices 3 times so far and the fall price is going to be more than $30/ton more than the spring buy price at the pellet house. Possible to see even more increase buy the time the season kickes off. Bigbox price war might keep things lower than what could have been. IDK for sure, It's a wait and see for now.

I am over stuffed right now and will keep the stash over full with the current prices. I'll get stingy if the prices climb like they did in 2008.

Most decent brands in 2008 were well over $300/ton, Some lesser quality stuff was going for about $250ish and supplies were tight. Box stores were slightly lower but slim picken's AFAIK. Nothing compaired to what happened in 2001. No pellets at all available and prices were real high if you found any. Had to burn horse bedding and corn mix that season to get thru the season! I'll never wait for the season start again. I'll always have something on hand to get me thru the scrounge if needed!

j-takeman said:
JBiBBs5 said:
j-takeman said:

Most decent brands in 2008 were well over $300/ton, Some lesser quality stuff was going for about $250ish and supplies were tight. Box stores were slightly lower but slim picken's AFAIK. Nothing compaired to what happened in 2001. No pellets at all available and prices were real high if you found any. Had to burn horse bedding and corn mix that season to get thru the season! I'll never wait for the season start again. I'll always have something on hand to get me thru the scrounge if needed!

X2
The price and scarcity of wood pellets were high. Also in Aug 2008, I had to pay $860.90 for 208 gallons for an oil Tank Fill!! The oil prices did go back down after that. But That gave me the incentive to insulate alot more and get a pellet stove for the next year! Now the oil prices are NOT coming back down much and the pellets are at a very reasonable price. So a pellet stove is a no Brainer now!!

See my oil tracker price chart for Merrimack Valley Oil. Click to enlarge! Notice I have been cutting down oil consumption over the last few years!!!!

Attachments

• TRHOilPrices.jpg
    TRHOilPrices.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 196
Status
Not open for further replies.