Finally I got all my pipe, chimney and other stuff to install my stove.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My stove required a short run of pipe (12 feet), but was made complicated by a slight pitched roof covered with corrugated metal and needed electrical moving, gas pipe moving, ceiling fan moving and moving of my fat a** to do all this work myself.. I did call "Venting Pipe.com " to place my order as suggested by "Be Green" or Woody(my mentor) as i know him. What a painless process. I was even told of what i might be missing for a successful install.

When i started out, mostly green about parts, pipes, pirates and the like i thought "oh, no problem", I can do this easy. But i had a lot to learn about same brand name pipes not being a correct fit to make installion as easy as i thought. I have had some hand wringing to get to this point as i thought i could shop around and buy the cheapest parts here and there. Not true. Live and learn and find out what your tolerance is for disappointment, not to mention milage if you live in the country..

The local stove shop wanted $750 for their most basic install and being an old carpenter, engineer, and general fix it man i thought ...Piece of cake. So i did buy all my parts from Venting pipe.com. With the exception of a silicone roof boot i needed to water proof the chimney as it came through the roof..

Yeah so i spent $710 for my chimney sysstem from Venting pipe.com and an additional $73 for freight and the problem is solved. Good deal, the best money i ever spent to forget about the complications of this affair anymore.

Maybe i could have saved $50-$100 some where else, but one has to ask oneself what is one's time worth? I do recommend this site.
Joe

Just think of all the fun you also get to have. Let us know how it all works out.
Don

Joe, I've been following your progress, and it seems you're really coming along !

I can't wait to read your first post about how warm you are this winter :coolsmile:

So nice to have found a "Guru" or 2, isn't it?

Keep us posted ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.