Finally some Black Locust

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gzecc

Minister of Fire
Sep 24, 2008
NNJ
This cold has made it very difficult to maintain a comfortable temperature with my old buck stove. I haven't been using my best wood, Black locust, White oak, Black Birch, thinking I could get by with my ordinary hardwoods.
Started using primariliy locust last night and what a difference. Wake up to a still very warm insert. The house is still only 62 degrees but much better than without locust! What a difference the fuel makes!

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
My favorite............that Overkill dude will outrun anyone in the neighborhood to get it.

This cold has made it very difficult to maintain a comfortable temperature with my old buck stove. I haven't been using my best wood, Black locust, White oak, Black Birch, thinking I could get by with my ordinary hardwoods.
Started using primariliy locust last night and what a difference. Wake up to a still very warm insert. The house is still only 62 degrees but much better than without locust! What a difference the fuel makes!

Dead on! Poor fuel = poor fires. Good fuel = happy homes.

BL will kick some butt.

Status
Not open for further replies.