Fines build-up in hopper SCF Revolution

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hossthehermit

Minister of Fire
May 17, 2008
Maine, ayuh, by gorry
So, I've run 64 bags of pellets through this so far, thought it would be a good idea to run the hopper out and see if fines are building up in the hopper. Keep in mind, I haven't sifted any.
P1030485.jpg

That's from an even mix of last year's Energex, and this years Pennington Nature's Heat.
Must be at least a tablespoonfull there

What is the part in the lower part of the pic, looks like a pellet reserve?

pelletizer said:
What is the part in the lower part of the pic, looks like a pellet reserve?

Pic was taken looking down on top of hopper. Part that looks like reserve is ignition hopper, needs pellets in it to light, feeds from this hopper on startup. Big hopper is for whatever fuel you're burning, corn, pellets, cherry pits, it's a multi-fuel furnace.

How do you purchase cherry pits are they hard to find and are they cheaper than pellets?
Does not appear to be a lot of activity in the pellet mill and corn crib today we did the family x-mas thing last night and recovering today.
Nice quiet day for the kids and me to play with new things and mess with the pellet stove and old sleds.

pelletizer said:
How do you purchase cherry pits are they hard to find and are they cheaper than pellets?
Does not appear to be a lot of activity in the pellet mill and corn crib today we did the family x-mas thing last night and recovering today.
Nice quiet day for the kids and me to play with new things and mess with the pellet stove and old sleds.

Dunno, can't find any, all I've burned so far is wood pellets.

Gonna start a new thread, see if I can find some

Status
Not open for further replies.