Finished install of Timberwolf epi22

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Woodman85

Oct 2, 2017
Thanks for help everyone! your answers have been of the utmost help for me to finish my install. I used a 6'' ss liner insulated and connected it to back of stove. All connections I used fireplace mortar to seal. Additionally i couldn't clean my 3rd degree creosote off completely (Slightly worried about chimney fire). To add a layer of safety I installed a damper plate and insulated as high as I can with Roxul, and from up top I made small pieces of Roxul and dumped it down to insulate around my already insulated Liner (Double insulated now) I figured this would add a layer of insulation and keep any heat away from the small amount of creosote that i couldn't completely remove. Hopefully I'm safe and ready to ignite my first fire!

resized6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work, and congratulations! Sounds like you super-insulated it. That pesky baked on creasote isn't even gonna get warm.

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping, I'm a little bit of a worry wart. Wanted to make sure it was interested as much as possible. Would have been nice to get all 3rd degree creosote out, wishing I got a chimney sweep and used chains but too late now!

Thanks for help everyone! your answers have been of the utmost help for me to finish my install. I used a 6'' ss liner insulated and connected it to back of stove. All connections I used fireplace mortar to seal. Additionally i couldn't clean my 3rd degree creosote off completely (Slightly worried about chimney fire). To add a layer of safety I installed a damper plate and insulated as high as I can with Roxul, and from up top I made small pieces of Roxul and dumped it down to insulate around my already insulated Liner (Double insulated now) I figured this would add a layer of insulation and keep any heat away from the small amount of creosote that i couldn't completely remove. Hopefully I'm safe and ready to ignite my first fire!

View attachment 201290

Where the fire at lol. Congratulations, looks good.