Finished the Brick Hearth - pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Razo

Burning Hunk
Jan 8, 2014
NEPA
Finally finished this. The base still needs to dry and then get acid washed but everything is finally in place.

upload_2014-9-29_9-56-2.png

upload_2014-9-29_9-56-9.png

upload_2014-9-29_9-56-18.png

upload_2014-9-29_9-56-26.png

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks great! How was it working with the brick?

Nice, it was something different and I learned a lot.

That is a beautiful wood stove install. Just beautiful. Plus, practical, since you left the air space between the bricks and the cold concrete blocks.
You get 5 Gold Stars from the simonkenton Institute of Wood Burning.

It's progressing very nicely. Gonna look great with the stove burning there.

I built mine like that last year around this time and once I got burning the mortor cracked a lot. Did u add anything to prevent that? By the way looks great good job

You're starting to accumulate a dangerous concentration of beautiosity there in that corner. Might want to set something ugly near it so it doesn't go critical on you.

It's nice to see a brick hearth . . . seems like they fell out of favor for a bit with a lot of tile and natural stone hearths favored. I still like them though.

Thanks for all the kind words guys, I'll be sure to post one last set once its washed and the stove's in place

That is a beautiful wood stove install. Just beautiful. Plus, practical, since you left the air space between the bricks and the cold concrete blocks.
You get 5 Gold Stars from the simonkenton Institute of Wood Burning.

Haha thanks! I'll expect the official certificate in the mail.

It's nice to see a brick hearth . . . seems like they fell out of favor for a bit with a lot of tile and natural stone hearths favored. I still like them though.

It's a masculine look. That's what I like about it and it's probably why so many of seem to like it. My wife wouldn't go for something like that. I have one room in the house that was mine to choose colors, etc. The downstairs bathroom. Seriously. That's my man cave.

Reactions: firefighterjake
Status
Not open for further replies.