Fire blanket Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Jan 2, 2009
NE Ohio
Hey i got a quick question about the fire blanket for a wood insert. our fire blaket is pretty old and worn out. over the last couple years i have noticed that the stove top temperatures for our wood stove get high a lot easier than they use too. could this be because our fire blanket is really worn out?

Probably wouldn't hurt to replace it . . . after all the blanket is used to insulate the stove and keep temps up in the stove so it could be possible that it is getting a little worn . . . although I didn't think the blanket so much as wore out as it just gets torn up during repeated cleaning and reaches a point where it should replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.