Fire Horse Shetland ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncleg

Dec 8, 2014
South Carolina
I have bee looking at a Morso Squirrel for install inside of an existing masonry fireplace, the only wood heater I have found yet that will allow this type install. I just ran across the Fire Horse Shetland wood-stove for about the half the cost, I realize you get what you pay for in most case but this heater would only be used for axillary heat during power outages and the occasional pleasure fire, I live in Low country of SC so we do not have real hard winters but earlier this year we had an ice storm and do not want to caught unprepared again, no power for over a week. Does anyone have experience with this wood stove...i have had trouble locating reviews online so any help would be nice. I have tried to contact dealer to ask about fireplace installation, but their website/email is having trouble.

Thanx for any help or advice.

Uncle G

Welcome. It's too new for us to tell. They just started importing this line from China this year. You may be the first to test it .

Welcome. It's too new for us to tell. They just started importing this line from China this year. You may be the first to test it .
Thanx for the reply. I am waiting for a reply from the dealer now, but I did find a European installation manual that allowed firebox installation of this model.

Uncle G

Status
Not open for further replies.