Fire is out stove is cold

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eba1225

Feeling the Heat
Mar 30, 2007
Chester Springs, Pa
Yes that is right I let the fire go out and let the stove go cold. Well I sort-of had to, with temps forcasted to reach the mid to upper 60's here in SE Pa I can't see running the stove and keeping the windows open. But it will be fired up again tonight as they forcast lows in the 40's and then highs of 30 on Sunday.

I don't let mine go out - I just get it hot and damper it down - saves on wood and keeps the heat coming a bit. I have no need for cleaning with only two months left of burning. These temps in the 50s to 60s are still on cloudy rainy days...and only hit those highs for a portion of the day.

i didnt reload mine on Monday or Tuesday morning. Cleaned her out alittle leaving coals. Reload after work. Today it is going sicne the temps are supposed to drop and its the wifes day off!

Ours hasn't went out for a long time but we did let it burn down to just a very few coals. It's working now. I just came in a bit ago and it is snowing so hard I looked like a walking snowman. Man, that wood stove heat sure felt good then too.

I'm in the burn down the coals and then start off what's left mode. Stovetop gets down to 200 and stays there a long time, I'd say we are burning one med load in the day and a full load overnight; that keeps the house OK and the wood use is way down.

Status
Not open for further replies.