fire pit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fbelec

Minister of Fire
Nov 23, 2005
Massachusetts
i'm thinking of making a fire pit. around here if you have a fire burning outside without a permit you get a ticket. permits are from jan to april 30. you can only burn 10 am to 4 pm
does anyone know the law on this?
or is there a specific way to make them?
i'd like to have a fire pit i can use at night.

thanks
frank

I am thinking of maybe getting something like this. Hemi powered BBQ.

Attachments

• hemi.jpg
    hemi.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 351
looks more like a grill tim allen would have made by binford :coolsmile:

fbelec said:
i'm thinking of making a fire pit. around here if you have a fire burning outside without a permit you get a ticket. permits are from jan to april 30. you can only burn 10 am to 4 pm
does anyone know the law on this?
or is there a specific way to make them?
i'd like to have a fire pit i can use at night.

thanks
frank

You are probably dealing with a local or state code. I'd suggest going to your local township office and get requirements from them. In my town in Michigan, as long as you have marshmellows & hot dog sticks, it is considered a recreational fire & you can do it when ever you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.