Fired the new Quad up tonight

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kool_hand_Looke

Feeling the Heat
Dec 8, 2013
Illinois
Sustained 40-50* the next few days. I have the valve on propane line coming in the house turned off. Figured I'd dust the 7 month old barely used Quad IR off tonight and feed her. I can't believe the difference from the Dutch West.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 185
Reactions: webfish
Oh, I'm going to throw some more sticks in here in a little bit. I'll make note of the time and see what's left in the morning.

The IR is one of the handsomest stoves on the market. I very strongly considered getting that bad boy.

Reactions: Kool_hand_Looke
NORAD just scrambled the jets.

THE only thing...and idk if it's the installers or what but where my pipe connects to the collar there's like a gray ash powder right there. And a small hint of wood smoke above the stove. Maybe I'm just being a brat (Nooooo) but if it gets worse I'm having them look at it. However, I'm not overly concerned.

I love the easy of this stove. For sure. Super pumped. Love the lazy dance.

Good thing I have tin foil hats in case NORAD stands ready.

What a beautiful wood stove install. Looks like a hunting lodge in British Columbia.
That is a very good looking stove. I spent an hour admiring an Isle Royale at the dealer in Asheville this spring. I really like the enamel paint on the Isle Royale.

The bear's wife just called. She is still pissed.

What a beautiful wood stove install. Looks like a hunting lodge in British Columbia.
That is a very good looking stove. I spent an hour admiring an Isle Royale at the dealer in Asheville this spring. I really like the enamel paint on the Isle Royale.
Fun story about the enamel IR. Awe looked at several dealers. We got this enamel coated stove cheaper than the matte finish. A customer bought it, never came and picked it up. The dealer wanted it off their warehouse floor.

The "hunting lodge," another fun story. Its neat to look at, but brother...it's a boat load of work. There's always something to stain, strip, restain, adjust, fix, bang on, tinker with, wood to split, trees to process, wild animals to "dispatch" that get a little to close for comfort. And I'm a one man crew. The wife helps. But only so much.

Well, there's a nice spot right next to him that she'd fit nicely.

Fun story about the enamel IR. Awe looked at several dealers. We got this enamel coated stove cheaper than the matte finish. A customer bought it, never came and picked it up. The dealer wanted it off their warehouse floor.

The "hunting lodge," another fun story. Its neat to look at, but brother...it's a boat load of work. There's always something to stain, strip, restain, adjust, fix, bang on, tinker with, wood to split, trees to process, wild animals to "dispatch" that get a little to close for comfort. And I'm a one man crew. The wife helps. But only so much.
Wow! Wouldn't it be nice to have the kind of money it would take to actually buy a wood stove and then, for whatever reason, decide it just wasn't worth the hassle to pick it up or just forget you even bought it!

Wow! Wouldn't it be nice to have the kind of money it would take to actually buy a wood stove and then, for whatever reason, decide it just wasn't worth the hassle to pick it up or just forget you even bought it!
Sounded like money was burning a hole in their wallets. Salesman said he thought they never really seemed that interested, At least to go through a serious install.

Status
Not open for further replies.