Fired up the Appalachian 52 - Bay this evening

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

English BoB

Minister of Fire
Nov 20, 2014
Brunswick NY
:ZZZOh the smell of wood smoke............It was 58 when I came home so we had a little test fire.............Oct 1st = 1st burn for me here in upstate NY. IT FEELS SO GOOD.

bob

Reactions: chance04
The heat is on!

Let the flames begin!

The heat is on!
Not yet at least not in my house... But it's getting cooler, 67 in the house now. Two nights ago I woke up to 75 f in the house and 70% moisture had to turn ac on.

Wife told me No. It's only October 1st. But it's getting close.

Temps in the fifties and sixties and raining for days. I can see a couple of electric heaters coming on here pretty soon. Or maybe a basket of pellets in the 30.

Yes, we haven't passed the mid 60s for several days now with nights in the 50s. Heat pump is on duty. Wood bin is full. Won't be long now.

Just fired up my stove about an hour ago. I got back in from an evening in the tree stand, saw the thermostat was at 60 degrees, and figured why not? We've got strong winds and it's supposed to be down to the lower 40's/upper 30's this evening. Sure feels nice to have the fire going again.

Got home tonight and the wife said those four little words that I've been waiting for... "It's cold in here." F600.

Reactions: HisTreeNut
Status
Not open for further replies.