Fireplace and heat run wiring?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

crashmymax

Dec 2, 2018
south dakota
I have my quadrafire 7100 wired as directed. It comes with a switch and a fan speed control. I have it wired as directed and it works fine. The fan will come on via the snap disc or I can manually turn it on with the switch. The fan speed control allows me to turn it off if I choose. My problem is I have 2 heat runs that I want be controlled by the snap disc and switch just like the fireplace fan but each have its own speed control. The switch and the three fan speed controls will all be in the same 4 gang box. Does anyone know how I can wire this to make it work? I'll attach a picture of how the fireplace is wired. Thanks for any help.

15534538214789167349761748579620.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
To clarify, you want to add two more blowers to this unit in addition to the primary blower?

To clarify, you want to add two more blowers to this unit in addition to the primary blower?

This quad has 2 heat runs that go to separate rooms they each have there own fans. I would like them all to be controlled by the auto on/off and the manual override switch. Also would like each fan to be controlled by it's own speed control.

This way I can set each fan at the speed I like it. When I start a fire they will all automatically come on together. When the fire goes out they will all turn off. If an area is getting to warm I could turn it off with the speed control if I need to. Does this help clarify?
15534606068163678362564132046457.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: