Fireplace blower electrical help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cabinman

Mar 7, 2007
I recently purchased a new Napoleon 1401 wood burning fireplace from a dealer off e-bay. The unit is excellent, however I have one problem. The wires on the reostat and the heat sensor are not hooked up. I can not tell from the owners manual where they should be hooked up to. I contacted the dealer who gave me a 800 number to contact Napoleon. I contacted Naploeon who stated they couldn't help me since I was not an authorized service tech. Can someone tell me how the wiring should go. All help is appreciated. Thanks.

It's a series circuit. The instructions and pictures are on page 9 of the manual. There is also a graphic of them on the parts page 17. I don't own one of these units, so this is an abstraction of the manual's circuit diagram: The white wire of the power cord goes to one of the fan connectors. The black wire from the power cord goes to the rheostat, then the rheostat is connected to one side of the heat sensor switch. The other side of the sensor is connected to the other fan connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.