Fireplace blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshwyle

Dec 20, 2015
Statesville
I have a he200 ventus fireplace with a 120 cfm blower. It doescgreat until temps drop below 30 then it doesnt keep up. Will a blower with say 160 cfm make much diffrence? Im thinking of just getting stronger blower but if its not gonna make much difference then i doont want to waste my money. Any thoughts would b much appreciated

I suspect the additional 40 cfm will not make a large difference. Low output could be the wood. How long ago was it split and stacked? What species firewood?

2yrs on. Wood. It will heat house up fine but as soon as temp drops below 30 the temp in house will slowly fall aswell. We just spent a ton a money on this fireplace now to get it producing right. Wood is oak and ash

Might be the burning technique or it might be undersized for the task at hand if the house is large or leaking a lot of heat.
How many splits are used to build a fire? Do they burn vigorously? Is the air closed down once the wood is burning well?

Tell us about the area the fireplace is heating. How many sq ft. How tall are the ceilings?

The fireplace is rated to heat 1900sqft. Area is less than 1800. Great room where fp is located is vaulted. Been burning wood. For years. It does perfect until temp drops below 30. Hv small fan that circulates air. Upstairs is usually 1 degrees less. Than downstairs where fireplace is. Thats why i thought a bigger blower pushing heat into room faster may help. I can adjust air on fireplace to burn slow or fast. House built in 1999 so for most part well insulated

I fine ceiling fans work great. Much better then any blower

If you can, measure the temp at the peak of the vaulted ceiling. I suspect that may be where most of the heat is. Do you have ceiling fans running?

Status
Not open for further replies.