Fireplace Feng Shui

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
builderbob said:
Gooserider said:
Googling "Fireplace Feng Shui" got me about 204,000 responses - perhaps there is a need to search for more info? :lol:

<snip
Gooserider

Thanks, Goose, for filtering through the deluge.

Since our living room will be rectangular, and the fireplace will be by a south wall, I guess we'll be ok per the above. 204,000 hits on a google search---I had no idea there was that much stuff out there on the subject.

Now I need to look up Chi, and see whether it's good or bad for it to flow up a chimney. If it's bad, then I'll have to see if anyone sells Chi dampers.

builderbob

I didn't actually do much filtering - all the references I mentioned were on the first page, and managed to look most interesting in the little two line excerpt that Google gives along with the link. I'm sure there is lots of additional information, and I don't vouch for any of the things I quoted. It looked to me like there are several different "schools" of Feng Shui, which don't all agree with each other, and none of the things I found got into fireplaces in depth (Maybe they figure that's Santa"s job?) so I don't know how seriously I'd take just the stuff that I found.

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.