Q&A Fireplace Fronts and Mantels

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I am planning to have our living room renovated and want to get information on plans , designs, marble fronts with wood trim. I have seen various ones in model homes however would like to find various designs so that I can either buy it as a kit or buy marble pieces and have a contractor build. Would you have any information on this Thank Lorne in the heartland

Answer:

Much of this marble is worked with on a local level, since it does not ship well. Here in NJ, there are a number of stone, tile and masonry yards that deal in cut marble.

The wood trim can either be installed by a carpenter, or can be purchased as a precut mantel. One hearthnet tenant that ships mantels all over the US is:

https://www.hearth.com/country

Status
Not open for further replies.