Fireplace glass.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdvigil

Nov 23, 2007
Lakewood Co
I need to replace broken fireplace glass. I need advise on the type of adhesive to use. Right now the glass is held in only by a bead of flexible adhesive. I could also use a source of glass also, if anyone has a reliable and cost effective source.

jdvigil said:
I need to replace broken fireplace glass. I need advise on the type of adhesive to use. Right now the glass is held in only by a bead of flexible adhesive. I could also use a source of glass also, if anyone has a reliable and cost effective source.
Welcome to H dot C,

Did you open up the manual supplied with the stove?

No manual. Custom built. Inherited with house. I did find some sources for the glass but will need to change the way it is held in. I could send a picture if you're interested. It is a very unique fireplace, but now is very hard to maintain.

jdvigil said:
No manual. Custom built.

Yikes... so how many 55 gal. drums did they use for the custom build?.... just joking.

I imagine you can find a PDF file for newer stoves (try VermontCastings.com)that will instruct you as per replacement of viewing windows and give a call to your local glass place to cut the new tempered glass, you'll probably want to replace both of them so the stove doesn't look lopsided.

Good luck in your search!

Status
Not open for further replies.