Fireplace insert to BK Stove install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

05ramctd

Oct 29, 2013
NEPA
I would like to thank all of the members for all the great information they have provided. Here are some pics of the demo and new install...

12.JPG 1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG 8.JPG 9.JPG 10.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice dog, Your gonna love the BK.

Damn it how come no one told me about this site three years ago......
Now I would have had BK princess too.

Dogs name is Ruger he is 12 years old and is now a cellar dweller, since he does not like steps. He guards the stove, beer and guns.

But this site is like a disease. Once it gets ahold of your you are done. Bunch of great people with lots of knowledge. Figured after all the research and talking with the guy's at Alaska Stove i went with the BK King.

Corona or Pacifico?

I saw that too.... i was way of thinking high life.

The king is in place.
Plan on putting veneer stone on the wall. Rock board on the ceiling. Any one have any ideas how to fininsh the ceiling, its open because of the fireplace insert removal. Was thinking rock board, two can lights and ???

Attachments

• 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 152
  • 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 179
Unit looks great.

Must have some hefty bolts to hole that to the ceiling ;lol

Told the wife I cant wait to get it burning, she just looked at me and said dont rush winter...

Family was over today Checking it out. Wife's cousin is getting a new stove. Think I have him sold on a BK. Think I will get a commision on the sale?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like there is some masking tape on the outside of the cat, in the bypass area should I take it off.. Just so I don't screw things up here.

yes, it is to hold things during shipping to prevent damage.

Looks like there is some masking tape on the outside of the cat, in the bypass area should I take it off.. Just so I don't screw things up here.
Leave the string and tape in place and burn away. Both are designed to be consumed in your first fire.

Regarding the ceiling, how much clearance does the new stove require? If you have adequate clearance you could always just try to match the existing ceiling if that is possible. If clearance is an issue you could consider getting one of those ember protection hearth pads (the solid ones that simulate tile or rock) and then screw it to the rock board ceiling section while leaving a one inch air space behind it by using suitable spacers.

I'm curious your liner and thimble set up. I can see the pipe opening in your photos and am wondering if that is a T with a clean out or some sort of 90 degree angle section? How will you clean out the debris that falls into that area when you do a sweep? I have a similar set up on our stove in the lower level of our home. I have single wall pipe between the stove and the thimble and I pull that pipe off when I clean so I can scoop the debris out from the bottom of the T.

Ceiling is 8 ft. Prob just match the exsisting textured ceiling. Liner is a class A pipe in to the terracota 12X12 liner all cemented in. As far as clean out i could just use the regular clean out on the exterior.

Status
Not open for further replies.