Fireplace insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hrbolliger

Hearth Supporter
Oct 14, 2007
I would like to add a fireplace insert which circulates air through it and returns it to the room. Where can it be obtained (Brand, Supplier) ?

Wood burning?? Gas?? give us all the dirty details. Most inserts utilize a fan that circulates air from the room around the heated stove and back into the room. They do not utilize the current heat distribution system of the house.

Just about even wood insert has the option for a blower kit. Go to any stove dealer and check them out.

Is there something more specific you are looking for?

Others may disagree here, an I know the local Quad dealer does, but I believe an insert needs a blower. I have a blower on my Osburn, and the stove doesn't work anywhere near as well with out it. My sister has a Lopi answer and after many years she installed a blower and is much happier with it than without.

Status
Not open for further replies.