fireplace remote?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

fplacemike

Oct 15, 2017
indiana
my LP gas fireplace has a 110v valve that currently comes on with a wall pushbutton. what do I need to make it remote control? thanks! mike

Can you post a pic?
Is there marking on the front of the unit?
Is there a rating plate under the firebox?
How do you know it's 110V?

attached are pics. It is currently 110v being turned on by a push-button wall switch to activate the gas valve. Voltage measures 110V. thanks
pics are attached.

Attachments

• fplace2.jpg
    fplace2.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 169
  • fplace.jpg
    fplace.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 152
attached are pics. It is currently 110v being turned on by a push-button wall switch to activate the gas valve. Voltage measures 110V. thanks
pics are attached.

If you can somehow figure out who manufactured the unit I'd suggest giving them a call. I'll bet there is a plate somewhere. Mine is inside the lower grate on the bottom. I'm betting changing from manual to remote control is not a DIY project.