Fireplace size

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jaison

Dec 2, 2022
Connecticut
Hello, I’m new to wood stove installation. I currently have a small Lopi answer 95 insert in my fireplace with the dimensions; 30”W 16”deep (from the top) and 23 1/2”H. My question is, it says the Regency I 2450 needs a minimum depth of 17 inches, is an inch difference a big deal?

Hello, I’m new to wood stove installation. I currently have a small Lopi answer 95 insert in my fireplace with the dimensions; 30”W 16”deep (from the top) and 23 1/2”H. My question is, it says the Regency I 2450 needs a minimum depth of 17 inches, is an inch difference a big deal?
If you want it to fit in the fireplace properly yes. If you are ok with it sticking out an extra inch no it's not a big deal.

What type of fireplace is this?

If you want it to fit in the fireplace properly yes. If you are ok with it sticking out an extra inch no it's not a big deal.

What type of fireplace is this?
I’m not too sure on the different types of fireplaces. The inside is regular brick and mortar, nothing too crazy, and it curves down, so it’s wider at the bottom with more depth. I don’t think that inch would matter too much, but I don’t know.

88A0F8CF-9D9C-43E9-B021-DC13AC9D9612.jpeg

I’m not too sure on the different types of fireplaces. The inside is regular brick and mortar, nothing too crazy, and it curves down, so it’s wider at the bottom with more depth. I don’t think that inch would matter too much, but I don’t know.

View attachment 304397
Ok it looks like a standard masonry fireplace. You already need more hearth extension though you will need more with a deeper insert

Ok it looks like a standard masonry fireplace. You already need more hearth extension though you will need more with a deeper insert
This one is about 18 inches in depth but it’s shorter. I estimate it’ll stick out about an inch and a half more than this so I suppose I might need to extend it possibly

Appreciate the help. I’m leaning towards three different ones that’ll fit better: Regency 1150, Expedition I or the Lopi Answer. All good fits and will fit perfectly in my fireplace. Now it’s just down to which one I like more.